"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone."

~Reba McEntire



Friday, August 20, 2010

Nemesis

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it."
  - Mae West

The dreaded glorious Friday doughnut...sigh...

Here we go again, its Friday, and I've worked so hard all we long to stick to my diet, work out, get the pounds to start coming off...and there they are just staring at me.....DOUGHNUTS!!!

Whhhyyyyyy?!

So this is what my plan is:  I'll avoid them completely, eat only the healthy food I've brought for myself and it won't be a problem at all...easy breezy right?

YA RIGHT!!

This is what is really going to happen:  I'm gonna think about them alllll day long, maybe walk by and open the box to look (and smell..mmmmm) once or twice, go over it and over it in my head whether its worth it or not, look up the nutrition facts multiple times online, consider eating just a bite, or maybe a half, talk myself out of it (repeat that cycle over and over again about 3,000 times) until the afternoon hits and its do or die...I'll have avoided them all day now...and one of two things will happen:  I'll either take one (or two) really quick and shove it down my throat and enjoy my 30 seconds of blissful gluttony (then regret it immediately after for 3 days and kick myself for the heart burn and guilt it has caused) Or....I'll desperately drag myself away kicking a screaming without eating one and prevail!!  (Not likely)

Ugh...Fridays are the WORST!!!

So as I sit here...in agony...I think I really am going to prevail this week because the problem is, if I have a doughnut...its never just a doughnut.  It'll turn into a fattening sandwich for lunch, mexican food for dinner, skipping the Friday work out, a half assed healthy day Saturday and full blown off the wagon Sunday.  Then I will feel alllll guilty and depressed and have to start all over again on Monday.  And you know what happens a few days after Monday?  Yep you guessed it...EFFING FRIDAY!!!  (No wonder I never lose any weight).

And now I have realized...I just really can't touch the doughnuts...you know why?  I've just figured it out...I can NEVER have another doughnut again in fact,  if I want to EVER have a chance at dropping the lb's!  Because, not only is the doughnut my Nemesis...but it is my GATEWAY DRUG!! It only leads to all kinds of other bad bad bad things!!

I must quit!! Cold turkey!! How does one live in a life without doughnuts?!

So five minutes has passed...and I have come to the conclusion that Life Happens to SUCK without doughnuts!!

Ugh....

3 comments:

  1. How does one live in a life without doughnuts? The answer is simple. And small. And perfect. Doughnut Holes. They really aren't doughnuts at all. However, they are just as, if not more, heavenly as "Real" doughnuts. And the shop by my house sells them for $1.25/dz...which really works into the budget well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHUM!! Doughnuts really are not that amazing...They give cavities and leave a really bad coating on your tounge. You should do the entire office a favor and throw them in the trash them dump coffee on them, so as to prevent any trash pickers! And when people asks "WHY!!??"... Point out their fat tell them, "YOU know WHY!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love donuts! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I too have never met another Mandy. Mine is short for Amanda. Please visit me again. I love your background.

    ReplyDelete