"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone."

~Reba McEntire



Sunday, July 25, 2010

Not So Fair

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

So its that time of year again, the time when all of my favorite things are going on... Summertime! It's filled with all kinds of fun in the sun, BBQ's, river trips, delicious fruit, warm nights, and one of my all time favorites...THE FAIR!!

So last night we made our annual trip to the Orange County Fair and had a great time as usual.  We did all my favorites things and had a super fun night with some great friends that luckily didn't mind sticking to my very adamant agenda.  See I'm not your typical fair goer, in that I won't go on any of the rides (mainly due to my horrible motion sickness and partly due to a torturous experience I had on the Zipper as child.)  But I do have a list of some other absolute favorite things to do while I'm there.  Such as, grab a beer or two, watch my husband drop all our life savings on each every game until he conquers them, walk through the exhibits, check out all the livestock, try some fun food, and of course my ALL TIME FAVORITE WHOLE PURPOSE FOR EVEN GOING TO THE FAIR.......THE PIG RACES!!!!!  Soooo fun, if you've never been you have to check it out!!

So we definitely conquered everything I set out to do and I left feeling fully satisfied with my annual fair trip.  And I also felt fully satisfied in my stomach from all the fair food I devoured.  See I'm not really sure how I got so darn full since I distinctly remember telling myself to take it easy on the food.  Because along with my oh-so-many other problems/bad luck/neurosis, whatever you want to call them, I tend to have a very sensitive stomach.  So to avoid any future problems, I decided I wasn't going to get anything for myself and settled on the idea that I would just have a bite of whatever everyone else got.  That way I could avoid getting sick from eating.

Well.... it seems I tasted more than I planned because as I was hurling my brains out in the bathroom at 3 am this morning, flashes of chili cheese dogs, chili cheese fries, kettle corn, funnel cake, deep fried everything, beer, and god knows what else... were going through my head (and at risk of being too graphic, through my mouth too!)  

FML...so there went a great night at the fair right down the toilet...literally. But I guess lesson learned because as my sister so directly pointed out,  I'm the idiot. See, my whole theory on not buying my own food to avoid any poisoning, was pretty damn stupid, because why would my stomach care whether I bought the food or someone else did?  Food poisoning is food poisoning any way you slice it, or eat it.  

So as I sit on the couch with my diet sprite, surrounded by crackers and probably not smelling so hot, thinking that the fair is not so fair this year...I guess I'm just gonna chalk it up to.... Shit Happens.... oh wait, I mean Life Happens. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh...poor thing. Sorry about the upset stomach. Hope you are feeling much better now. I've never been to a fair. I live in the Caribbean so we don't really get much of those down here. It sounds wonderful though and I think maybe on my next trip to the US, I will have to seek one out and attend. Loved this blog...looking forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete